PROTECTION of PERSONAL INFORMATION NOTIFICATION
The Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No. 4 of 2013) has as its aim the protection of personal data and outlines how it should be safeguarded, collected, processed, shared, stored and managed.
In the interests of transparency the agency (Kidz Casting) is committed to protecting your personal data. This notification provides information on how and why the agency processes your (the data subject’s) personal information.
1) Information Officer: Sheila Wallis
Address: 35 Whittlers Way, Hout Bay 7806
Email address: email@example.com
2) Purpose of data collection
The model’s personal data is collected for several reasons depending on the purpose it is required for, including, but not limited to:
1. in order to be compliant with legal requirements
2. in order to promote the model effectively
3. in order to pay the model
4. in order to register the model as a tax payer if necessary
5. in order to match a model to a suitable role in a casting brief
6. compliancy with SARS and other government organisations’ legal requirements
7. compliancy with the Department of Employment and Labour’s Basic Conditions of Employment Act, No. 75 of 1977: Sectoral Determination 10 (Children in the performance of advertising, artistic and cultural activities, South Africa).
8. in order to advise client / production company of a specific medical condition that a model may have (for safety purposes on a shoot)
9. in order to advise client / production company of any dietary restrictions a model may have (for catering purposes on a shoot).
3) What personal data is collected
1. Identity number
2. Income tax reference number
3. Contact details (cell number, telephone number, email address, physical address)
4. Banking details (only for payment and SARS related purposes)
5. Physical attributes, skills and abilities, clothing sizes and measurements
6. Copy of child’s birth certificate (in order to comply with 2.7 above).
7. State of health (for health declarations occasionally required by production companies / clients for a particular production).
8. Special personal data (sexuality, race, ethnicity, gender identity, age) is collected only for specific purposes such as, but not limited to, matching a model to a specific casting brief, or compliance with Sectoral Determination 10 (child’s age).
4) Parties that receive this personal data
1. Clients/ casting directors: in order to match a model to a suitable role in a casting brief
2. Production companies and stylists: to obtain correct information for wardrobe fittings
3. Production companies / clients in order to be able to contact the model if necessary, and in order to compile a call-sheet for the shoot / production
4. Accounting departments in order to be able to process payments and IRP5 tax certificates
5. Production companies / clients in order to obtain a permit to shoot / film a child model up to and including 14 years of age in accordance with Sectoral Determination 10.
5) Undertaking by the agency
1. the agency undertakes to process only the information required in order to fulfill its functions as an agency. This includes supplying of personal data to Third Parties for shoots / productions to take place and to fulfill legal obligations of those Third Parties imposed by law.
2. the agency undertakes to process personal data in order to comply with legal obligations imposed by law.
3. the agency undertakes to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data and to prevent unauthorized access to such data.
4. the agency undertakes only to retain your personal data for the period for which it is required.
Signed by: Sheila Wallis
For and on behalf of: Kidz Casting
Date: 29 June 2021 Place: Hout Bay, Cape Town