Your Child and the Film Production Sector
On-location filming is a critical part of any production, and locations are something that Cape Town has a lot of, in fact the Western Cape presents almost unlimited opportunities for filming. We also have a diverse population, our faces look like we could come from just about anywhere.
This abundance of variety is supported by an excellent supporting infrastructure. Our production industry is characterised by:
- Internationally renowned Production Companies providing exceptional services and facilitation
- first-class crew with access to top-of-the-range equipment,
- a "first world" infrastructure of internet connectivity, cellphone coverage, and efficient roads and air links,
- cosmopolitan English-speaking talent managed by experienced modelling, actor and character agencies,
- creative post production services including photo labs
Additionally we have the weather. This means that European commercial and catalogue shoots can create their summer campaigns here and have them “on the shelves” in time for the European summer. It’s a win-win situation.
This fortunate situation has resulted in Cape Town and South Africa being one of the world’s most popular and successful destinations for Stills, Commercial & Feature Film shoots.